Aderonke's Dilemma (episode 13)

πŸ‘½πŸ‘»UNDEAD : (THE GHOST MODE)πŸ‘»πŸ‘½


Today September 11, makes it 3years since I lost him. It still seem fresh in my memory like it only happened yesterday. I can swear on my life that I really loved him( I still do, no doubt) but the most amusing thing is I never missed him because he lurks around like he was still alive! I really do mean this! I never believed in the existence of ghosts but why won't I when I'm just a victim myself??

The circumstances surrounding his demise is a pitiable one. He was a victim of a stray bullet. He was walking home lovingly on that particular evening from where he went to pick his laundry when he met his death. Life wouldn't have stolen my beau from me!!!!! He was as innocent as a baby! My baby couldn't hurt a fly. Bubbling with enthusiasm always and a motivator of the weak hearted! I only wished I had the power to raise a soul. I would exert it on him.

His name was John. I wouldn't name my child John bcoz even the apostle of old(John the Baptist) who happened to call people for salvation died in an innocent way( you remember he was beheaded too!) Our love was like a chapter removed from a fairytale.... I have never experienced such reverberating romantic relationship until I met John. He did everything he felt would make me happy. He even got me the apartment I'm presently staying. He only spent 3months with me in this apartment. His ghost has spent the remaining 2years 11months because he never left me after he died.

I would feel him(his ghost) hold me every night and would hear him sing me to sleep like he always does. He would clean up for me when I leave for work. He even tickles me most times when I'm behind the computer screen typing away. It looks normal to me bcoz I never wanted him to leave anyway, until I invited a male guest in one day. I wanted to serve the male guest water from a glass tumbler when it fell from my hands and broke. I thought it was normal until a force dragged me away from broken glass and dragged my visitor in the shambles!! This isn't normal! He left that day with bottle wounds all over his body.

That night, instead of hearing the ghost singing me to sleep, it began to cry instead "you can't cheat on me with another man", " don't ever bring a man into our house" I heard the voice say... I was so annoyed and started arguing with the voice.... "It's high time u freed me John! You are dead and I am alive, let me move on with my life pls. I've loved you all the while, you would let me go if it was true you loved me too. I can't keep marrying a ghost for life. Pls John" I whispered into the silent room. I just heard a rustle nearby and he was gone without the usual cuddles. I cried to bed that night.

I decided this wasn't natural and sought my pastor for advice. He chastised me for not reporting this for long and came now. He prepared some prayer points for me and said I couldn't go into my house for now as the ghost is missing me already and awaiting my return. This sent shivers down my spine. Seven days into the twenty one days prayer, I was the one missing the ghost and decided to sneak into my house for comfort. Like I guessed, he was waiting for me. I wanted to feel his presence around me but instead he was afar off. To me he then said, "I thought I loved you a lot by holding onto you all this time but I only just realized I am selfish and selfishness cant pass for love, pls live a fulfilling life without me. Just cherish my memories with you" he concluded and held me for the last time. Till date, I never felt his presence but I kept his promises of keeping his memories intact.

This episode is dedicated to our loved ones that we have lost to the cold hands of death... Tho this is pure fiction.....

#Aderonke's_Dilemma





Comments

  1. Wow! What do I say?

    This is just so cool. Couldn't take my eyes off each line.

    Nice one dear. Keep the fire burning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so lovely. Waiting for another episode

    ReplyDelete
  3. John' omg that's my name,,,
    I enjoyed this piece esp for d fact that its dedicated to our gone loved ones,we all have dat one who's no more in d picture n we wish we'd bring dem bk,,,kudos Ronke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely write up and I guess there isn't much we can do for the dead than cherish the memories they left behind.

      Delete
  4. I appreciate everyone for the wonderful comment left after reading the piece. I promise to serve to the best of my abilities and strive to do better everyday .... Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aderonke's Dilemma (Episode 12b)

Aderonke's Dilemma (Episode 6B)