Aderonke's Dilemma (Episode 14B)

MY BUS CONDUCTOR LOVER (PART B)

Continuation....

"Why would a conductor want a favor from me?? What is this guy even feeling like?" I asked myself. I put on a poker face and ask him to make his request known. What he asked shook me to my feet! "Aunty, if you fit allow make I con dey greet you once in a while, I no mind" he fired. "How dare he? Are we in the same class for him to ask to see me anytime he wished? Oh God!" I was thinking of pouring the juice served him on his head and gorge out his ugly eyes that's he's staring me with but another voice whispered "Calm down Aderonke, after all, he deserves something in return after what he's done today". With this, I finally looked up at him and replied " of course you can drop by once in a while to say hi". We said our goodbyes....

On a fine wednesday afternoon, I was trying to make myself lunch when the conductor was ushered in by my youngest brother. He sat uncomfortably in our living room couch. Of course be shouldn't be comfortable, not like he belonged here anyway! I faked a smile and came from the kitchen to exchange pleasantries. "Why are you here this afternoon? You didn't go to work today?? I asked him. " Aunty, I no too well, so my Oga say make I siddon for house. Na here i think come straight. Hope say u no mind?" He replied. "No, I don't mind. Also, my name is not Aunty, simply call me Aderonke. Feel at home, I would bring you a fruit juice soon" I replied. I was about returning to the kitchen when he said "My name sef na Gbenga. Make we be friends". A hot coal wouldn't have been redder than me in that period! I didn't reply, I just walked off angry! He left after every every that day! 

I watched a Korean series all Friday night as I would have nothing to do on Saturday being weekends but sleep. I was enjoying my Saturday calm when the intruder you are all to familiar with came again!!!! " Gbenga please what is it this time around?! You want to marry me this time? Or when would you understand that we dont fit in the same class? Why dont you read the lines in between the  clock to know you are a nuisance to my life and family?? Yes, you got me my purse, does it mean I should sacrifice my life in exchange for that??? Moreover, I can't be friends with a conductor! Can't you get the simple logic??" I fired immediately I saw him at my door. He looked at me for a while and shook his head. The words that came out from his mouth took me by surprise.

"Are conductors not humans? Is it conductors faults that they are in a country where they can't get a decent job to do? One has to hold on to something in order not to steal and in fact, we conductors need be rewarded for braving all odds to at least get a honest means of survival. Aderonke, you are worse than the government for regarding us in that manner!" He completed!!! OMG! He just spoke pure English and not some vernacular like he usually does! His words touched me, so does the fact that he can speak so well and fleunt! Is there more to this youngman than conductorship?? He was set to leave without properly completing his purpose of visit like he was hurt, when I grabbed his arm and looked into his eyes.... "Who are you? Tell me more" I inquired
.
.
.
To be continued........ 
What do you think happens next to this duo?? Speculate in the comment sections..... Part C loading 



Comments

  1. This is so captivating... Nice one dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe

    You did not inform me you ve a new episode keh. No problem.

    Lemme goan read next episode. This is getting interesting and suspense-filled!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aderonke's Dilemma (Episode 12b)

Aderonke's Dilemma (Episode 6B)

Aderonke's Dilemma (episode 13)