Aderonke's Dilemma (Episode 14C)

   MY BUS CONDUCTOR LOVER  (partC)


CONCLUDING PART....

I held Gbenga's hand and pleading with my eyes, asking him to tell me more about him. I guess it is fun to unravel mysteries. He sat down dejectedly and I quickly offered to make him breakfast which he agreed to. I walked to the kitchen thinking why he had been pretending to be an illiterate all the while and got interested in what his motive in life might be. But why would I be interested in this conductor's story? "Its only normal to feel remorseful towards him after hearing him voice out painfully and hurt".  I vindicated my thoughts with that. I made a breakfast of toasted bread, scrambled eggs and tea, served the both of us and sat to hear the pathetic story of this conductor. I think everyone deserves a listening ear and an attentive heart......

"I am a graduate of University of Ibadan, studied Petroleum Engineering and finished about 3years ago. You know quite alright the order of things in Nigeria. Only those with connections gets the best things of life. I finished with a first class at that! I roamed the streets of Lagos and Port Harcourt for a full year with my CV but jobs were not forthcoming. I had a responsibility waiting at home. My mum was a widow with 7 of us to cater for. I had the unfortunate luck of being the first child which leaves me automatically, the bread winner! I was frustrated and was about to commit suicide by throwing myself in the sea when a guy rescued me and said there was more to life than just death. He own a bus and needed a conductor for it. I applied for that. So that explains how we met"  he concluded.

"Wow, I must admit, every conductor would have a story to tell" I chipped in. "Asides having stories to tell, if people who are conductors didn't think of being one, would you conduct yourself in a bus? So I believe to every profession, there is an importance added to the society. Even a cobbler, farmer, mechanic and every menial jobs is equally as important like a doctor, lawyer, accountant would in a social setting. Every one needs everyone for a smooth running communal living. So it is wrong to condemn anyhow based on what they choose or situation made them do, like you did today" he corrected. I must admit, I was beaten! I felt so bad once again for undermining abilities. I decided there and then to help his cause by talking to my dad about him.

My dad talked to a friend of his who manages a petroleum corporation and his CV was reviewed. He qualified for the position he was required to fill. I think he started as a field supervisor. I was surprised to see him transformed on the first day he resumed work. I never knew he was this handsome and refined! His smile was even pretty! "Hehehe! Ordinary conductor" I quickly slapped myself to stop the thought. Ever since then, he was like a member of my family because my parents accepted him like he was their son. I sometimes avoid him  because I'm afraid I might not be able to hide the fact that I've fallen with who this  young man has turned out to be. I got a call from him on a particular Saturday and he asked if we can fix a date in the evening for dinner. I had nothing doing so I agreed. I dressed simple but chic and went to see him in the classy restaurant he chose.

I was surprised to see everywhere empty except for him. I later got to know he rented the whole place for the evening. I was feeling so special and was smiling as I was eating my dinner when he spoke up. "I remembered you were smiling beautifully like this 2years ago when I was still a conductor at oshodi. That was when I knew, I needed you in my life even tho I don't know how. You turned out to be my destiny helper and I imagine you to be so much more for me. Thank you for everything you have done so far in my life. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to live out my dreams". I was about protesting how fine it was and that I have done nothing to deserve such thanks when I saw him knelt down. "OMG!!! I hope it is what I'm thinking" I gasped. It was what I was thinking because he brought out a ring and said "for all you have been in my life, I wanna be more for you. You complete me and fill me with such love that I've never imagined. Aderonke please be my bride!"

What?!!!!!!!!!
.
.
.
.
.
Pls advise me, should I say yes to a "once upon a time conductor??"... Just kill me in the comment section.

#Aderonke's_Dilemma

Comments

  1. Wow!

    Great piece dear.
    As per the question, I guess the answer is hidden within the storyline, led me to tagging it "WordWithinVerses"

    Conductors are human and love never mind who you use to be but who you are becoming or turning into.

    Guess I answered the question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great insight always... I appreciate your kind words too... Thanks

      Delete
  2. Lol, my lesson; I believe in every profession' buh dat was an interesting piece,like in d movies, well done Ronnie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call it mental bravery for Gbenge to recognise and utilise his opportunity in quite an awkward scenario which most guys in his state of affairs wouldn't mind to do.
    Brilliant Piece.
    And to Rhonke... if a man has come this far to ask you to be his, u can tell he's capable of sustaining his family in dire times by honest means.
    Quit the idea of it seeming you're only falling for his new status and accept his proposal.

    ReplyDelete

  4. We are introducing ourselves as VIJAYA INFRA PROJECT PVT LTD. (VIP) is well adopted and positioned in India premium infrastructure space and formerly known as Vijaya International Company was established in 1989 in multi-disciplinary Civil, Mechanical, Retails. under bridge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aderonke's Dilemma (Episode 12b)

Aderonke's Dilemma (Episode 6B)

Aderonke's Dilemma (Episode 7B)